Creating Your Online Fundraising Page for a Team
Note: If you are only creating a fundraising page for an individual, scroll down to that section of the document!
Step by Step:
- Go to https://maav.kindful.com/2021-walk and click on the button that says “Create a Team.”
- You will be prompted to create a Kindful account or sign into your existing account.
- If you have an account, you’ll see your Kindful Dashboard. From the menu on the left, choose “Causes.” Click the “Details” button under MAAV’s 26th Annual Walk & Candlelight Vigil. Then click “Continue.” If you don’t have an account already, you’ll see the Getting Started page. Click “Continue”.
- On the next page, you’ll be asked to enter a name for your team, a short mission statement (explain why your team is participating) and a description of your team.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a field that says “Event At” – you can leave this blank. Click “Create and Continue.”
- On the next page, you can upload your Team Profile Image and your Feature Image/Video. The profile image will be small on your page, but the feature image/video is bigger, so pick something that will look good when it’s viewed on a large screen! And please note that the feature image will be shown on the pages of all individuals on your team, so pick something that’s a good fit for the whole team.
- Set your fundraising goal! By default, all teams have a fundraising goal of $1,000. You can change this to reflect your team’s goals.
- Next, you’ll see a preview of your team page. If you like it, you’re good to move on to creating an individual page! Make sure to click the “save” icon in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
Creating an Online Fundraising Page for an Individual
Once your team page is complete, you should create your individual fundraising page, using the instructions below. If you’d like other team members to create pages, you’ll need to send them an invitation from Kindful. You can do this from your team page: click the “Invite Team Member” link from the menu that runs across the top of the page. Once they have received the email, they can follow the directions below and create their page!
(NOTE: If you are creating an individual page only – NOT as part of a team – send an email to Liane Cassavoy at email@example.com. We have a Team MAAV that all individuals are welcome to join!)
- Click on the link in the email to join the team. You will be taken to Kindful, where you will be prompted to create an account or sign into your existing account.
- A page will appear, verifying the invitation code that was sent in your email. Click “Verify Invite Code.”
- You will be taken to the team page of the team you have joined. On the right-hand side, scroll down to see the list of team members. Your name should be there – click on it.
- You’ll be taken to the editing page for your personal page. Here, you can (and should!) add a profile picture and edit your page content. You’ll see the team photo here, which you can replace if you’d like! Under the photo, you can add some brief information about why you are participating in the Walk. Remember: the more personalized your page, the better! See the suggested template at the bottom of this document for suggested content.
- In the “About” section, we suggest entering details about MAAV and the Walk. See the template at the bottom of this page.
- When you’re done, click the save icon in the upper left-hand corner of the page. Click the link that says “Public Page” on the menu that runs along the top of your page. This lets you see how your page will look to everyone else. Copy the URL to the public page – this is what you can use to visit your page again or to share the link.
- You can kick start your fundraising by donating to your own page. This isn’t mandatory, but we encourage it!
- SHARE YOUR PAGE! This is the most important step – you won’t get any donations if people don’t know about your page. Kindful has a Facebook icon on your page that allows you to share it directly. We also suggest sharing the link to your public page via text or email with your family, friends, coworkers, etc.
Suggested Template for Kindful Page
(The key is to make your message personal, whether it’s serious or light-hearted.)
On Sunday, October 24 I will be taking part in the 26th Annual Walk & Candlelight Vigil for the Melrose Alliance Against Violence (MAAV).
- I am walking because…
- This cause is important to me because…
- I have seen the impact of MAAV has made in our community (give example)
Under the ABOUT heading, we suggest entering the following text:
Join us for MAAV’s 26th Annual Walk & Candlelight Vigil! The Walk & Candlelight Vigil will be held on Sunday, October 24 at 4pm at Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School. All events will take place outside.
After holding a socially-distant event last year, we look forward to hosting our Walk & Vigil in person this year, a sentiment that is reflected in this year’s theme, “Better Together, Better With You.”
As always, MAAV’s Walk will raise awareness about domestic violence and the funds necessary to continue MAAV’s programs and services, which include:
- Community awareness & outreach activities
- Weekly support group for victims and survivors of domestic violence
- Dating violence prevention and leadership programs for teens
- Prevention & intervention for children exposed to domestic violence
- Mentoring program for youth at risk
For more information, visit our website at www.maav.org.
You can also include the following:
Donate offline by sending a check payable to MAAV to:
235 West Foster Street
Melrose, MA 02176
Please write my name or my Team’s name in the memo box on your check.
Thank you for creating a Kindful page! If you run into any problems, please contact Liane Cassavoy at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is happy to help!