As previously announced, Rebecca Mooney, our Executive Director of 25 years, is retiring at the end of August. MAAV is seeking a dynamic new leader to help us shape the next chapter of MAAV! Please take a look at the following job description, qualifications and instructions for applying.
The Melrose Alliance Against Violence, Inc. (MAAV) is a community-based violence prevention agency founded in 1995. MAAV’s mission is to raise community awareness of domestic and teen dating violence, to promote programs that work to reduce violence and encourage healthy relationships. Our programs include community awareness activities, education and prevention programs in the schools, and information, support, resource and referral services for victims, family members and the community at large.
We seek a highly motivated and experienced professional for the full-time position of Executive Director, overseeing 4 part time staff members and managing a budget of $175,000.00 This is a wonderful opportunity to play a leading role in shaping the next chapter for MAAV. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization.
· Collaborate with Board of Directors to create agency goals and carry out programs to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
· Direct day-to-day operations of the organization including staff development and engagement, communications, public relations, maintaining proper financial controls, and maintaining/creating relationships with community partners.
· Work with Fundraising Committee to oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including researching, writing and managing grants, organizing events, and outreach to donors.
· Hire, train and supervise staff, including the Outreach Coordinator, Mentoring Program Coordinator, Administrative Assistant and Domestic Violence Support Group Leader.
· Provide short-term intervention, including assessment, and resource & referral services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
· Organize and oversee community awareness activities and events such as the Annual Walk & Candlelight Vigil, Community Coffee House and booth at the Melrose Victorian Fair.
· Oversee and implement education and prevention programs for youth, including the Healthy Relationships program and mentoring program at the middle school and Student Action Board at the high school level.
· Provide or arrange training on domestic violence to professionals such as educators, human service providers, parents, police and clergy.
- Master’s degree preferred in nonprofit management, social work, education, public health or related field.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and team development skills.
- Management skills necessary to conduct the financial, personnel, and administrative duties of a nonprofit agency.
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Strong networking/fundraising skills.
- Computer skills including competence in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and social media platforms.
Range $68,000-$76,000 depending on experience
Health benefits, PTO, flexible schedule and professional development opportunities
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to:
MAAV is a member of Jane Doe Inc. The Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence.
MAAV is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage those with a diversity of backgrounds to apply for this position.