- Get Your Team Together!
- Ask 3 or more people to be part of your team
- Challenge team members with a personal goal of raising $100.00 each or a team goal of $500
- If someone can’t join you, ask them to make a donation in support of your team instead!
- Make it Fun!
- Come up with a team name
- (OPTIONAL) Identify yourselves with creative attire, hats, T-shirts, etc.
- Bring a banner if you have one; handmade signs are good too
- Remind your team there will be recognition for having the most members on a team, most money raised and best team name!
- Entire Team: Get Donations
- Ask your friends, family members (near and far), teachers, co-workers, or neighbors to support you by making a donation. This can be done in person or online.
- COLLECT the money ahead of time.
- Checks can be made payable to: MAAV
- Anyone who wants to learn more about MAAV can check out our web site at www.maav.org or you can give them a MAAV brochure
- All team members should turn in their money to the Team Captain prior to the event. Team Captains only should turn in all team materials to the Registration Table between 3:00-3:30 pm on the day of the Walk
Make it easy for yourself! Using FirstGiving, make your own personal page and e-mail it to everyone you know! Donations are made electronically online. Please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to create a FirstGiving page.
- Walk T-Shirts
- Individual team members who raise $100 or more in pledges will receive a free Walk T-shirt
- Meet up with your Team at the Walk
- All team members should plan to arrive at 3:00-3:30 pm at the Middle School in Melrose.
- Parking is limited so we encourage walking to the Walk!
- Team photos will be taken before and after the Walk
- Candlelight Vigil
- At 4:00 pm, there will be a 30-minute ceremony in the Auditorium where the names of victims of domestic violence will be read and candles lit in their honor
- Malcolm Astley will be honored with MAAV’s Annual Advocacy in Action Award
- Musicians will perform
- An alternative activity (face painting) will be provided for young children during the Vigil outside of the auditorium
- The 2-mile Route
- The Walk begins and ends at MVMMS
- There will be officials to assist walkers in crossing busy streets
- Please keep your team together during the Walk!
- Conclusion of the Walk
- Join us back at MVMMS for light refreshments
- Thanks all Around
- After the Walk, please thank all of your team members and ask them to personally thank all who donated to your team
Thank you for your leadership and help- we could not do this without you!