The 22nd Annual Walk and Candlelight Vigil will be held on Sunday, Oct. 22 at 4:00 pm, starting and ending at the Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School, 350 Lynn Fells Parkway in Melrose. Our theme this year is “You Are Not Alone.”
Please join us to commemorate the victims of domestic violence in Massachusetts over the past year and rededicate ourselves to preventing violence in the community. Event will include:
- A candlelight vigil honoring victims, brief remarks and music in the auditorium
- Community art project in conjunction with Follow Your Art
- Alternate activity for children
- 2-mile walk around Ell Pond in Melrose
- Participants walking in teams or as individuals
- Refreshments in the cafeteria at the conclusion
- Walk T-shirts for sale
- Team photos
Other Things to Know:
- Event takes place rain or shine.
- Dogs are welcome along the Walk route
- Children of all ages are welcome. Activities for young children will be offered during the candlelight vigil if a parent prefers.
- The Walk is MAAV’s largest fundraiser. There is no registration fee but we ask participants to make a donation or collect pledges, either in person or online. Suggested donation is $20 per person.
- Participants are encouraged to form teams from your organization, workplace, neighborhood, house of worship or friends. Contact MAAV for Team Captains’ Packet.
Our goal this year: To involve 50 teams and 500 participants, and to raise $50,000 for MAAV’s critical services and violence prevention programs.