MAAV and the Melrose Public Schools have partnered with the Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP) Program based at Northeastern University. This evidence-based leadership program trains student leaders, staff, parents and coaches using an active bystander approach to ending gender-based violence. The program uses a playbook of realistic bystander scenarios and provides tools for safely intervening. Once trained, MVP student leaders facilitate workshops with their peers on topics such as gender roles, healthy and unhealthy relationships, and alcohol and consent.
- Project Overview
- Task Force Members 2018
- Expect Respect Support Groups
- Mentors in Violence Prevention Program (MVP)
- Talking to Teens About Dating Abuse
- Warning Signs of Dating Abuse
- Melrose Teen Dating Abuse Policy and Implementation Guide