Adolescence is an intense time of physical, intellectual, emotional and social development for children. As parents, it is a prime time to think about how to guide children towards healthy dating relationships and avoid unsafe or unhealthy relationships. This training will help parents better understand the dynamics of an abusive relationship, promote healthy relationships, and intervene if their child is in danger.
Specific topics addressed include:
- Defining healthy relationships and defining abuse
- Why teenagers are especially vulnerable to violence in relationships
- Early warning signs or “red flags” for concern
- Restraining and harassment orders
- Tools and strategies for parents in promoting healthy relationships
- School and community resources for help