This training can be delivered as a classroom presentation or assembly, and can be geared to preschool, lower elementary, upper elementary, middle school or high school students. The lesson of the program is that “just one” action by “just one” person can make a significant difference in stopping or countering the damaging effects of bullying.
Topics addressed include:
- Empowering students to take action by knowing what to do when they witness other students engaged in acts of bullying or retaliation, including seeking adult assistance
- Helping students understand the dynamics of bullying and cyberbullying, including the underlying power imbalance
- Emphasizing cybersafety, including safe and appropriate use of electronic communication technologies
- Enhancing students’ skills for engaging in healthy relationships and respectful communications
- Engaging students in a safe, supportive school environment that is respectful of diversity and difference
- A “Just One” wristband is given to every student to reinforce the message that just one action by just one person can make a significant difference in stopping or countering the damaging effects of bullying.