We are currently seeking a licensed social worker or mental health clinician to lead our weekly support
group for victims and survivors of domestic violence. The support group meets in the evening in
Melrose, MA and averages 3-8 members. This is a part-time, contracted position.
• Facilitate 1.5 hour weekly support group for adult survivors of domestic violence.
• Offer educational materials and discussions regarding various topics such as power and control,
healthy and unhealthy relationship dynamics, self-esteem, co-parenting, rebuilding trust, and
• Manage communications to group members via email and provide information by phone to new
group members prior to joining the group.
• Provide additional resource and referral information to group members as needed.
• Master’s degree and licensure in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or related field
• Minimum of two years of experience working with victims of domestic violence
• Excellent group facilitation skills
• Ability to work independently
Terms of Employment:
• Salary is $150 per group session
• Position is 1.5 hours per week
• Reports to the Executive Director of MAAV
Qualified candidates may e-mail or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Rebecca Mooney, Executive Director
235 West Foster Street
Melrose, MA 02176