MAAV is hiring! The following positions are open:
The part-time Administrative Assistant position provides an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to assist the Executive Director with administrative tasks associated with operating a small non-profit agency.
• Assist Executive Director with general office functions, including the maintenance of a central filing system and resource library
• Copy and prepare materials for meetings and programs
• Order general office supplies; set up accounts for related purchases
• Manage financial record keeping for the organization, including:
-utilize QuickBooks for all bill payments and record keeping
-reconcile bank statements
-manage financial reporting for grants, including billing
-maintain records and produce reports for special events
• File necessary documents for newly hired employees
• Review and pay Workers Compensation policy
• Prepare documents and assist with annual Financial Review, tax forms and Annual Report to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Assist with maintenance of web site and database
• Work with IT contractor on computer hardware/software issues
• Other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Director
• Non-office work – Assistance at community awareness events, makes deposits to bank as needed
• Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree
• Minimum of two years of prior experience in an office setting
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Familiarity with fiscal accounting functions
• Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proficient with QuickBooks
• Interest in/commitment to MAAV’s mission of preventing violence
• Experience with WordPress for updating website
Terms of Employment:
• Salary is $18.00/hour
• Position is 8-10 hours per week. Hours to be arranged.
• Reports to the Executive Director
This is a part-time opportunity for a highly motivated professional to coordinate Men4MAAV, an initiative focused on cultivating men as leaders and allies in ending gender-based violence. Men4MAAV operates as part of the Melrose Alliance Against Violence (MAAV), an established domestic violence prevention agency, under the Safe Steps for Melrose federal grant project. The Men4MAAV Coordinator will assist the group in expanding its membership, conducting White Ribbon Day events in the schools and community, sponsoring educational programs, and other activities as determined by the group.
• Master’s degree in education, counseling, public health, psychology or related field.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Prior experience in the field of volunteer management preferred.
• Training on gender stereotypes and gender-based violence preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with Men4MAAV members and MAAV staff.
• Outreach to current and potential Men4MAAV members.
• Schedule and lead Men4MAAV meetings.
• Oversee planning and implementation of White Ribbon Day events in March, including developing new partnerships, organizing the traveling flag project and coordinating the community event.
• Help develop the capacity of Men4MAAV leadership.
• Other activities as determined by Men4MAAV in partnership with MAAV staff.
• Reports to the Executive Director of MAAV.
Hours of the position are flexible, averaging 2-3 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates may e-mail or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Rebecca Mooney, Executive Director
235 West Foster Street
Melrose, MA 02176