MAAV is hiring! The following position is open:
This is a part-time opportunity for a highly motivated professional to coordinate Men4MAAV, an initiative focused on cultivating men as leaders and allies in ending gender-based violence. Men4MAAV operates as part of the Melrose Alliance Against Violence (MAAV), an established domestic violence prevention agency, under the Safe Steps for Melrose federal grant project. The Men4MAAV Coordinator will assist the group in expanding its membership, conducting White Ribbon Day events in the schools and community, sponsoring educational programs, and other activities as determined by the group.
• Master’s degree in education, counseling, public health, psychology or related field.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Prior experience in the field of volunteer management preferred.
• Training on gender stereotypes and gender-based violence preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with Men4MAAV members and MAAV staff.
• Outreach to current and potential Men4MAAV members.
• Schedule and lead Men4MAAV meetings.
• Oversee planning and implementation of White Ribbon Day events in March, including developing new partnerships, organizing the traveling flag project and coordinating the community event.
• Help develop the capacity of Men4MAAV leadership.
• Other activities as determined by Men4MAAV in partnership with MAAV staff.
• Reports to the Executive Director of MAAV.
Hours of the position are flexible, averaging 2-3 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates may e-mail or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Rebecca Mooney, Executive Director
235 West Foster Street
Melrose, MA 02176