This is a part-time opportunity for a highly motivated professional to coordinate Men4MAAV, an initiative focused on cultivating men as leaders and allies in ending gender-based violence. Men4MAAV operates as part of the Melrose Alliance Against Violence (MAAV), an established domestic violence prevention agency. The Men4MAAV Coordinator will assist the group in expanding its membership, and developing and conducting education and awareness activities.
Past projects have included White Ribbon Day events in the schools and community, and a webinar on Raising Boys to Men.
- Master’s degree in education, counseling, public health, psychology or related field.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Prior experience in the field of volunteer management preferred.
- Training on gender stereotypes and gender-based violence preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with Men4MAAV members and MAAV staff.
- Outreach to current and potential Men4MAAV members.
- Schedule and lead Men4MAAV meetings.
- Oversee planning and implementation of White Ribbon Day events including developing new partnerships, organizing the traveling flag project and coordinating the community event.
- Other activities as determined by Men4MAAV in partnership with MAAV staff.
- Reports to the Executive Director of MAAV.
Hours of the position are flexible, averaging 2-3 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates may e-mail or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Rebecca Mooney, Executive Director
235 West Foster Street
Melrose, MA 02176